Style Tips - Choosing a Hat for Ladies Day
Summer is just around the corner and although the weather hasn’t been to good so far this year, seasonal events and occasion are none the less getting into full swing! With ladies day events throughout the season and Royal Ascot fast approaching, in this diamond Jubilee year, it’s the perfect excuse to make an extra special effort with your headwear!
To help you choose the perfect hat or headpiece that will finish your look with style, here are some helpful tips to and ideas to consider!
- When choosing your outfit remember to dress for a formal day time occasion and not an evening party.
- Full hats and larger headpieces are perfect for race meetings whilst fascinators too can look wonderful worn to a wedding.
- Try on as many different styles of hats as you can, this will help you find the right hat shape for you.
- A hat should compliment the wearer not over power the look, the right hat should accentuate your features making you feel confident and happy to stand out from the crowd!
- Detailed outfits work well with simple shapes and styles, try teaming a floral dress with a simple yet striking floral headdress. A plainer, less detailed outfit can take a more elaborate hat.
- For classic timeless style, team a smart suit with a sharp elegant hat.
- Add a twist to your look by choosing a contrasting coloured hat or choose a complimenting colour that draws upon details within the style as the trim.
- When wearing a hat, exaggerate the eyes wearing slightly more eye make up than usual.
- Remember you should wear your hat, your hat should not wear you! It’s all about balance and complimenting your overall look. Hats provide the finishing touch to your outfit, wear yours with style!
And finally …. Ladies day is the perfect excuse to get dressed up in your finery and to enjoy with family and friends!
For further advice and choices of headwear for your summer event, race meeting or wedding visit www.saragadd.co.uk
Happy hat hunting!