International textile exhibition in conjunction with the University of Cumbria, the Australian National University, Canberra and the Novia University of Applied Sciences, Turku, Finland.
The ‘NETS’ theme of the exhibition is entirely open to artist/maker interpretation and diversity is encouraged.
The launch of the UK strand of the exhibition will launch September/October 2010 and will take place at the Alexandra Gallery, University of Cumbria (Lancaster Campus); it then tours to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate in November 2010 (subject to final confirmation.)
Alexandra Gallery Floor Plan
Key Discussion Points:
• Ideas for content – Traditional heritage and skills of Cumbria
• To produce an exhibition brochure in the form of a callendar
• Encourage everyone involved to sign up to NETWURKS at http://netwurks.blogspot.com/
• AW: skills match – to help with the exhibition organisation
• JW: Fundraising for the exhibition
• GH: Written research textile tradition
• SG: Square plinths for exhibition, photographer, local press & Border TV feature
• Kati: Virtual gallery (Finland)
• Cluster groups due to geographical location
• Start an online blog
• Log processes throughout – ideas, production and making through to finished items
Please feel free to log your own your thought and ideas to this blog and to your own blogs.
We hope to gain a Network of communication and to log the thought processes of the exhibition.
It is also vital to link blogs, so join up by clicking follow and please come back soon!
Next meeting Friday 19th February, follow up Friday 12th March.